Tuesday, May 8, 2007

I made a bear!!!

*Pretty Panda*

Well what do you think?! This isn't my very first bear, but she is the first made of something other than painted muslin...wool felt, to be precise. What fun this bear stuff is!! Now, I will always love dolls but after a bit I get a little restless...so now, maybe, needle punch and bears? What do you say?
I used a craft book from Japan to get going (those little craft books are sooooo addicting!)...and I do believe I will look into some mohair for future critters. But for now, I have a sweet honey-girl bear and a duckie in the works from wool felt.

I like her little dress...and needle felted shoes....tiny sequins trim out her party hat... So many details!!!



She was quite fun, and is on ebay this week until Sunday evening, the 13th...click below to visit her auction...






Well, we're winding down school days here, and winding up for a big wedding in early June! My little brother is getting married!! Oh my...I am ten years older than he and it is more emotional for me than I would care to admit. Was it only yesterday he was doing really disgusting, childish, little brother things? No. It was last week...I think the emotion is relief that someone will have him!


On the CWT Board we've been studying different paintings of Little Red Riding Hood...which, of course, led to my making my own painting...this is up on the big e this week as well:


"Stray"

Stick to the path...
Blessings,
Meg









3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Meg...

The panda bear is so yummy..is sh etible????? I love your work!!!

XOXO MIca / Garb-oodles

Meg Wommack said...

Thanks sweet pea!! :) More to follow...i have MOHAIR!!!!!

Meg

Anonymous said...

Love that bear! You must make more!