Tuesday, July 24, 2007

October Chick~!!

Wellll...I didn't accomplish nearly as less as I usually wouldn't, having previously said I would have an update. Still, I wish I had more to show you. I took a break and watched "This Family Robertson" (Chloe, 6). Anywho...
I did manage to finish this chicken...and boy oh boy, she is a beauty!
*October Chick*
pin keeper

The entire height is 6", and the bottom egg cushion is about 5+" long. Chickie is made from Helmbold Mohair that I have hand-dyed, and is stuffed with wool...around the green glass eyes I have needle felted a bit. Tiny beak and feet are 100% wool felt. (And the feet have a neato pleat and dart construction which just isn't showing up in the pictures...) The chick is made from a vintage pattern and has 3 gussets in all...very detailed little gal!


Fun, delightful, trim and green ric-rac and velvet ribbon are sewed all around this whimsy~~ the orange plastic flowers you see are vintage, and I have turned them into functional pins...the costume's flowers are the same and secured with tiny green glass beads...and oh yes, the sweetest Moda pumpkin print lines the wings, you just can't see...it matches the Moda flannel of the bottom egg, the striped egg is made from quilt shop quality fabric as well.





This pin keeper is gently weighted with fine gravel and steel shot...it sits quite nicely and is decorative AND functional...how nice is that?!
SOLD
(thank you!)


I suppose it could be just for the Autumn season, but were it mine, it would stay out year 'round! (But I just put away a Christmas Cat about 2 weeks ago...so...)

In the works? All of the things I didn't get done, and I'm working on some tiny, itty bitty, teensy, owl pins. And a baby crow. And a squirrel. And some schematic drawings I'm supposed to do that, frankly, make my teeth hurt (snap!). But I will finish them, oh yes I will. Anyway, these little owls will be black and white, brown...all different, and the eyes are only 2mm!!! Very tiny! There's a little pin back, and I might pop some onto etsy in the next few days...
Thank you so much for your consideration of my work...thanks to all you folks at home, I have the coolest job(s) ever: a work-at-mom. Even when it's hot and sweaty and cranky and fighty, the wonderful outweighs it all...
Blessings,
Meg

2 comments:

Tammy Burks said...

Megan, The chick is darling!!! Can't wait for you to get the little pins on Etsy!

Blondie ~ Vintage Primitives said...

Nutmeg,
You have been tagged by Me to wear a Nice Matters banner. You need to come to my blog, copy it and then pass it on to at least 5 and no more than 7 folks who inspire you to BE NICE!
Praying for YOU!
Blondie