Friday, November 9, 2007

*Christmas Chocolate*

First of all....I am so sorry that i haven't had a freebie pattern up for November...my scanner completely, absolutely, died. It was a sudden death--quite unexpected for a scanner so young, and 2 hours with various consultants has led to no resurrection of said scanner. (sigh) So, when I have the foresight to drop off a freebie with a scannered friend, have her email it to me, etc. etc. I will have a new, fun, pattern for you...I'm thinking stockings! :) Or at least a tutorial on this week's pinkeepers accompanying the bears...

Now, for the bears...both have mugs or cups of "chocolate"--a rich, beautiful, brown, wool from Skip to my Ewe. I do believe it is my personal goal to make anything BUT a hooked rug with Tammy's wool...(and I'm saving hooked rugs for retirement). And here we go:



*Mr. Bennett's Christmas Chocolate*







This fella's name is directly inspired by "Pride and Prejudice", but not the new one! Indeed, I find the A&E version far better than the newer release! You must check it out...


Mr. B. is made in the usual Magpie fashion...distressed, over-dyed, and gently aged mohair...loosely jointed...stuffed with sand and excelsior to feel much like very old toys. I work very hard to age bears appropriately and realistically! ...his fur is this wonderful rusty pumpkin color...as "rich" as his cocoa!



I have sewn a sage green colored vest for him, embroidered 'round with blanket stitching and french knots and daisy stitches compose a pine cone on the right front vest panel. It is pinned on with crochet lace, a gingerbread man charm, and new and vintage sparklie beads...the teacup is printed with a pastoral scene is a shade that "just suits" Mr. B.









An extra special "touch" to both mugs of chocolate is a dollop of white wool "whipped cream", carefully filled with sand, to sharpen your pins and needles--such a yummy emery! And then each is topped off with a vintage bead that looks precisely like a peppermint...


Mr. B has a satin neck ribbon, is 10" high, and would be most delighted if you will join him for a cup of Christmas Chocolate!


SOLD!


(thank you kindly...)


email me to purchase...




*Cocoa for Santa*







Baby bear is trying so very hard to wait up for Santa! And she has been so sweet...not one sip of chocolate, you know! Baby is wearing a nightgown and nightcap made from a very fragile, very old, linen hankie...I have used the crocheted hem to accent the dress and cap appropriately, and added-to are tiny little "yo-yo's" sewn from red and white ruffled ribbon~! Baby's little mug is a Santa mug, and it's a wee 3" high, even with the whipped cream emery! Baby has an itty bitty 3" wool felt bear to keep her company as she waits, and she is 9" high herself (but quite plump!).


SOLD


(thank you kindly)


email me to purchase...



Thank you all so much for your interest in my work,


and for your consideration~~


Blessings,


Meg

No comments: