Thursday, January 24, 2008

5 things....

Looooong, long, ago, Joee of Cart Before the Horse "tagged"me...to tell you 5 things about myself!! And so...here's 5 things about me...and a picture!




  1. I wear aprons, every day, all day long...lots of folks think I'm kinda weird for doing this, but I just don't care. I am a BIG Mary Jane's Farm fan, and was very impressed with her Artists in Aprons issue....women in aprons mean serious business! I like that an apron is feminine, handy (though my vintage aprons are a bit flustered at the cell phone riding in the pocket!), and most important~~it says you're a gal with purpose. Which I am. :)
  2. I love to sew things by hand...I have an old book of embroidery stitches that I am slowly working through...can you imagine a time when, if you wanted an embellishment or decoration, you had to make it yourself?!
  3. Of all of the things I've ever made, mediums I've tried, etc. etc.....I love making bears the very most of all.
  4. I didn't know how to drive or have a license until I was 25 years old.
  5. My name is Megan Sue and when I was a little girl my cousin Spencer thought my name was "Bacon Soup". I thought his name was "Splinter". He was a little hard of hearing and I was...well. Hmmmmmm....

OK. Now to tag 5 people who haven't been tagged...which may be difficult since I waited sooooo long to play....hmmmmmmmmm...how about:

Sharon

Rochelle

Tammy

Betty

& Lori

Until next time,

Blessings,

Meg

7 comments:

Beth Twist said...

I love MaryJane's Farm too, and have saved her Artists in Aprons edition with the intention of making an apron or two from her patterns- my first will be the smocked apron. I don't wear aprons every day, but that is only because I don't LIKE the aprons I currently have!

Beth *twistaker*

Tammy Burks said...

Hey Bacon Soup,
I've made my list for ya!!!
Now get busy and make a cute apron!!!

Jo James said...

Awww, I just KNEW you had a thing for aprons.

Hey, yours is the FIRST playlist that I actually listened too. We seem to have the same taste in music. :)
-joee

Cookie said...

You are just so danggum cute in your apron Meggers!
I love coming to your blog - I always leave with a smile :)

Tanya Willis Anderson said...

I love aprons too! Darling picture of you in yours - makes me feel not so bad wearing mine a lot. When I cook, I wear it mainly but keep it on through dinner which drives my DH bonkers. Why do you still have that on? Well, I like it :)

I see you list FORTUNES ROCKS in your required reading - it's one of my alltime favorite books.

Nice blog!
Tanya

Courtney Short said...

I love aprons too.. I have been looking for some fabric to make one like the one my grandma gave me to wear when I "cooked" with her and went into the garden.

Cora from Hidden Riches said...

I just LOVE your apron, and I hope you keep on wearing them! I'm a farmgirl, too, and will be looking for you on Mary Jane's! Cora