Sunday, September 23, 2007

Tildy, Franny, and Pippa!


I have been asked to tell you, just right off, that Pippa! (she's the tiny bear) must have a "!" after her name...regardless if you are speaking of her or writing about her, it is her personal requirement. (There! Now that's done, eh?! Oh, no! I'm doing it too!!)


Just look at that fine bunch! And I have soooooo much to tell you about them! Now, that Annie (who is NOT for sale!) used to belong to my dear buddy, Sherry Kristoff. She is a sweet, sweet, friend, who has entrusted me with her Annie collection...is that nice or what? And she also made the hooked flowers that are sitting on the larger bear and ele's head...Sherry has such an amazing talent, and I have learned so much from her! From how to hook rugs (or not to, as the case may be), to "breezies", Sherry is an invaluable resource... I am so very blessed to call her my friend and fellow artist... now, on to the gang for this week!!
(sold! thank you!)
*Franny & Pippa*








Awww....! Can I tell you how much I want to keep this pair? And how fun Pippa! was to make...really a treat. Frannie is 8" seated, and would be 11" standing (if she could, which she can't...!) Aged and over-dyed mohair, loosely jointed, stuffed like the old time bears~~excelsior, sand, and wool...there's too many details to name them all! Lots of "old" lace, trinkets & treasures, new and old...Frannie and 4" Pippa! are a delight...
SOLD! (thank you)
*Tildy*






Who's that sweet pink Ele' with the bunch of daisies?! It's Tildy! She has a fancy hooked flower bonnet, too...(these are pinned on, by the by)...and I have crocheted her a sweet little scarf to keep away the chill. :) Tildy's body/"suit" is sewn from a 1930's quilt block that I've lined with muslin...I carefully cut out the shapes to correspond with the quilting pattern, and the effect is quite charming!
She too is 11", and about 7" seated...made from over-dyed, aged and "worn" mohair and stuffed in the same way as Franny...her noggin is a bit different than most elephants...it is an altered combination of a Japanese craft book and vintage chickie pattern! Huh. And after all that fuss, I imagine there won't be another quite like her! LOL
Tildy has yummy little trims as well...plus a locket full of secrets...shhhhh! Don't tell!
contact me to purchase!



"My friends are my estate."
Emily Dickinson
Blessings,
Meg


No comments: