Tuesday, December 2, 2008

*They sailed away for a year & a day....*

I
The Owl and the Pussy-cat went to sea In a beautiful pea green boat,They took some honey, and plenty of money, Wrapped up in a five pound note.
The Owl looked up to the stars above,
And sang to a small guitar,
'O lovely Pussy! O Pussy my love,
What a beautiful Pussy you are,
You are,
You are!
What a beautiful Pussy you are!'




II
Pussy said to the Owl,

'You elegant fowl!

How charmingly sweet you sing!

O let us be married!

too long we have tarried:

But what shall we do for a ring?'

They sailed away, for a year and a day,

To the land where the Bong-tree grows

And there in a wood a Piggy-wig stood

With a ring at the end of his nose,

His nose,

His nose,

With a ring at the end of his nose....

Edward Lear, 1871


~~You may visit this whimsical pair on eBay~~

********************************************
Today? I'm making mermaids!!
Tomorrow...well.
That's just way too far ahead to think about, now isn't it??!

Blessings,

Meg

4 comments:

Lana said...

How precious are they!?!?!?!? THE OWL AND THE PUSSY CAT was my daughter's favorite story when she was little...I would read it to her with GREAT expression :} along with GOODNIGHT MOON and THE SPOOKY OLD TREE. Sweet memories ~ she is now 23. Blessings,

Dixie Redmond said...

You are so creative, Meg. I love my little ornament you sent. And this display is so adorable. :-)

Dixie

Heather said...

Very nice to meet you! How sweet and beautiful this piece is, I love it! I will favorite you as well :)

Peng Peng said...

What a cute little pairing! I love that story too!!