Friday, December 19, 2008

a wee goblin....

...has been lurking in my tiny atelier....can you see her?? Known to pilfer and pillage through my supplies...to sneakily spirit rare spun-cotton mushrooms away to the dollies' house and hide them in the attic! Sequins, beads, charms~~beware! Fabric, paper, pencils....and MARKERS!~~hide yourselves and hope to spare the tiny goblin!!!


Some days I lonnnng for a space to work (the above photo is our small kitchen table...)~~but other days, I enjoy small hands to "help"...I know the girls are learning, all the time, and best of all watching Mama make stuff. We've all lost that simple privilege, somewhere along the way. I want my girls to know, too, that you can have a "job" that makes you happy! Really. I mean seriously...is this a job!?


Sitting at the kitchen table, cozy with the snow and cold outside our nest...Christmas music, a pine scented candle burning, and coloring...painting, cutting, glittering...making.





Once more, Chloe (7), has inspired a whole new collection of work...(she is entirely responsible for the Christmas Gnomes, and all of the gnomes to follow...)


She's just enchanted with The Nutcracker, and did a wonderful job of painting her very own!!







By the by...the first song on my blog is "Red Clay Halo" by Gillian Welch!

Her CD, Time (The Revelator), is tippity-top on my Christmas Wish List....okay...to be dead honest, it's "tied" with Alicia Paulson's book~~Stitched in Time. I didn't know about this sweet posy!! Can't wait to open it on Christmas morn'...(Joe's excellent about sticking to the wish list...!)



I heard Gillian Welch on the Audrey Eclectic blog....is that some fancy folk art or what?! :)



Just one last thing to share with you....a lovely "gift" was waiting outside the door of our nest this morning, just waiting for me to capture it in a picture...just look at these beautiful winter roses!






Now, I really must fly from the nest~~to the post office! EVERYTHING is going out today...I can breathe and stitch on dollies to play with~~how fun! And I must say, the final trip to the post before Christmas is becoming one of my favorite traditions....good-bye little boxes!!

We'll chat again soon~~we had a rather hilarious Saint Lucia celebration...more on that tomorrow?

Blessings,
Meg

5 comments:

Christopher A. Klingler said...

Popping in to say hello. :-)

Really like your paper doll X-mas cards you have on eBay currently.

Season's Greetings!

Chris

Heather said...

Oh! What a pretty little gnome you have! You're lucky, because I've heard they arent often so sweet and blonde ;) I actually have one as well, she skims for brushes set too close to the edge.
Glad you enjoyed the Gillian Welch! I really like that song because Oklahoma is known for its red dirt :) My dad even plays that song on the guitar! Her song Elvis Presley Blues is also awesome on that CD

Cookie said...

Just popping in to wish you a wonderful and joy-filled Christmas with much love ♥

Give the girls a sweet hug for me - Merry Christmas, Nutters!

x0

Christopher A. Klingler said...

Wishing you a wonderful New Year!!! :-)

Chris

Carolee said...

What an adorable little goblin, and what beautiful work!! :)

Happy New Year!
~ Carolee