Friday, January 30, 2009

the business of art....and a puzzle

yikes! i am simply frantic...sort of...i don't really have enough energy to be truly frantic. :) blogs are a wonderful, beautiful, thing...but keeping up with posts, visiting other folk's digs, replying to comments. and now, of course, there's the whole new friending-networking-facebooking madness... all wonderful, but mighty time-consuming. how does a girl manage?! to top it all off, comcast changed their entire email format/system thingy on sunday--i can't seem to use my address book, write an email (unless it's a reply)--it's horribly inconveniencing!! and the last thing i needed to add to the stress of keeping up with orders, shipping, and general customer service. (sigh) i've no idea if i'll be able to do a newsletter with my current email address!!



¨¨¨°º©©º°¨¨¨¨¨¨°º©©º°¨¨¨¨°º©©º°¨¨¨¨¨°º©©º°¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨°º©©º°¨¨¨¨
in addition to the logistics of their only being 24 hours in a day, and the horror of my new inbox...there's also this creative niggling going on in my noggin...

i've long suspected that one point all of my mediums would "crash"...would make a merry little wreck of arty goodness...and it feels sooooo close!~~but it's just not here yet. (sigh) and i know it's always worth the wait....but i HATE to wait!!

it's 3D. buy it's also cloth...and my new poppets are surely a part--i'm painting on little chunks of wood, but i'm not sure i like what i'm coming up with...

is it just me, of does she look a little under-impressed? :)
¨¨¨°º©©º°¨¨¨¨¨¨°º©©º°¨¨¨¨°º©©º°¨¨¨¨¨°º©©º°¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨°º©©º°¨¨¨¨

so what does this new "it" look like???? (except i can't see "it")
i think there's some embroidery, and maybe a bit of clay...and all of these different elements lead me to believe "it" is some sort of scene...but WHAT sort?! arrrrgh!!!! and stranger still, "it" might be a bit "goth". what?! is this me??? a dark sweetness...a bit creepy...good heavens!

i do know that so many of you have written or commented that you miss my cloth dollies, that i used to offer on such a regular basis...

i should let you know, i suppose, that i miss them too!! LOL...it just began to feel as if i was a dollie machine...it's so important to me, even if it's just a wee poppet, that my work is "honest"--not lost in trend and artifice.



¨¨¨°º©©º°¨¨¨¨¨¨°º©©º°¨¨¨¨°º©©º°¨¨¨¨¨°º©©º°¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨°º©©º°¨¨¨¨


anyway. do you struggle with these same woes, gentle reader? how do you organize? how do you cope? how do you unlock the elusive work-to-be from a busy artist's heart?

signed,
a completely nutty-meg





5 comments:

From Sherry's Heart said...

hmmmm COULD THAT answer be the 8th wonder of the world?????? You know how long I've been doing this & the answer has always escaped me.

Hey maybe when I get to heaven I'll know the answer & I'll send it to you!!!! That is if ya ever get your email to work again!!!!!

And YES I DO intend to go to heaven!!!!!

Your Friend & Queen

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

just follow your Dear Heart Megan girl...it will lead you to where you should be.

(great advice coming from a geek like me, huh?)

xoxoxoxoxoxox

Dixie Redmond said...

Aw, Meg. Just today I was thinking that I get maybe a 2 hour chunk each day to create in. And it's hard to ignore the other things in the house that need attention.

And I feel pulled in so many directions - should I paint or sew or draw, etc??? It's hard to stay focused. I hae learned that if I focus, I can get a lot done in a 15 minute section. There was a book by Nancy Zieman years ago called, 10-20-30 Minutes to Sew. The whole idea is to divide your project into do-able chunks. It works as long as I stay off Facebook!

I'm so happy I have one of your rabbit dolls, btw.

vintagepaletteart said...

I look forward to each fall so I can bring out my adorable shelf sitters made by you sweet Nutmeg! They always make me smile........like this............=o)

Hugs............*Lori

Greeneyez2 said...

Oh my it's my Emily Dickinson doll!!! My how I love her. She sits upon a shelf with several other favorites of mine to this very day. Hope you are doing well, miss talking to you and the gals on the groups that I no longer belong to. Take Care Nutmeg =o)