Friday, April 6, 2007

Good Friday Ramblings...

Blessings, dear friends, this good Friday...



....yesterday evening I listened to a very different version of the Resurrection Story. My little girl was "reading" aloud from her Bible~~ she has added some very interesting twists to many a Bible story and this was no exception. Notably, there were "many short people around the cross"...? This said with as much reverence as the girls showed "Baby Jesus" the crook-neck gourd we got at the pumpkin farm last year...yes, it was swaddled, and carefully lain in a storage-tub manger. While their warped little versions of sacred stories make me smile~~even laugh! ~~I marvel at a Spirituality you can reach right out and touch. Okay, I envy it. They have snuggled with Baby Jesus.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
We are off to a Birthday Party...it should be mad, screaming, greasy, fun. Is my excitement seeping through the monitor yet? We have started a sort of tradition...I am trying to MAKE each Birthday gift for Chloe's friends. Shouldn't be too hard...(I mean, this is the child that played with a gourd for several weeks.) So months ago we made this doll for J.:




And we have made a sort of strange Bunny creature for M. (subject of the evening's festivities)...we are making a whole gang of these critters for the Easter Holiday, so I'll show you those real soon.

*****************************************************

And what else did the day bring? A fancy box of beauty goodies I splurged on...and my favorite item? The FREE sample of woo-de-doo parfum that smells exactly like bug spray. I did NOT smell that way before I sprayed it~~ quite liberally~~ all over myself! (sigh)

Until next time,

Blessings,

Meg




3 comments:

Dixie Redmond said...

Hey Nutmeg! Great blogging beginning!

roshekie said...

goodie, goodie, gumdrops!! i'm excited to read your bloggeroo! have fun getting good and sticky at your birthday party - we just went to one of our cousin's last night... nighty-night, sweets! (ps - where's my box?!!?)(just teasing!)

Anonymous said...

Hey MegPie!!!

Great Blog!!! Your writing is incredible and oh so interesting to read!!! I can't wait for your next post!

Smiles,
Tink